Center for Social Commerce Ambassador Program Application
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
The Weiss Center, a partnership between Syracuse University and Real Chemistry, a global, analytics-driven, integrated communications and marketing firm, is seeking standout Syracuse University students for its 2023 Student Ambassador opportunity. Exclusively open to current Syracuse University undergraduate students, the Weiss Center Brand Ambassadorship includes a paid summer internship at Real Chemistry and an all-expense-paid trip to Austin, TX during the SXSW Interactive Conference.
Application deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as received.
What are the perks?
• A full-time, paid summer internship at Real Chemistry.
Note: Internship format may be fully virtual; in-person at New York City office; or hybrid format. We will notify selected candidates well in advance to allow time to make arrangements accordingly.
• Additional internship award stipend provided by the Weiss Center for Social Commerce.
• Official designation and public recognition as a CSC Ambassador.
• An all-expense-paid trip to SXSW Interactive conference in Austin in March 2023 (specific dates TBD), where Ambassadors will support events hosted by Real Chemistry and assist with social media content.
Note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required to attend SXSW.
• Professional networking opportunities with Real Chemistry executives, clients, employees and Syracuse faculty.Examples of professional work for personal portfolio.
What do CSC Ambassador responsibilities include?
• Serve as an Ambassador from February-December 2023.
•Manage CSC social media; develop blog posts and multimedia content for CSC website.
• Support research projects around relevant topics.
• Serve as representatives of the CSC; work with CSC directors and Real Chemistry staff to implement innovative ideas to build the program.
• Lead promotional initiatives and support hands-on event logistics for spring and fall 2023 Social Commerce Days events.
• Promote the Weiss Center and Real Chemistry to fellow Newhouse students in order to elevate awareness of both parties.
Who is eligible?
Qualified Syracuse University sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the spring and fall 2023 semesters— in particular, successful candidates generally will have an interest/background in public relations, communications, analytics, marketing and/or information studies.
Note: Selection as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship at Real Chemistry. Minimum GPA: 3.0.
How do I apply?
Application deadline: Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 11:59 p.m. ET. (Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as received).
Submit resume and cover letter to Real Chemistry Talent Acquisition Senior Manager John Arcadi (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to Newhouse Professor Beth Egan (email@example.com), Weiss Center co-director. Please use subject line “Weiss Center Ambassador Application – [Your Name].”