The Weiss Center for Social Commerce Student Ambassador program is a multi-faceted opportunity which enables students to represent the CSC on campus and interact with Real Chemistry experts, clients and support programming.
Each year, 2-3 Newhouse School students are selected to:
- Complete a full-time, paid 10-week summer internship with Real Chemistry
- Partner with Real Chemistry staff to drive promotional initiatives and support hands-on event logistics for spring and fall Social Commerce Days programs, which includes keynotes by industry executives, workshops, and guest class visits
- Participate in an all-expenses-paid trip to Austin to attend Real Chemistry’s events at the SXSW Interactive conference and support social media and digital content development
- Manage CSC social channels and collaborate with peers to develop blog posts and multimedia content for the CSC website
- Attend professional networking opportunities with Real Chemistry executives, staff, clients and Syracuse faculty
Student Ambassadorship Application Information
Who is eligible?
- Qualified Syracuse University sophomores and juniors who will be on campus for the Spring and Fall 2023 semesters—in particular, those with background/interest in public relations, communications, advertising, marketing, and/or information studies
- Selection as an Ambassador is contingent on being qualified for an internship with Real Chemistry
- Minimum GPA: 3.0