Congratulations on your acceptance to the Newhouse School at Syracuse University!
Why choose the Newhouse School? You may have been admitted to other programs in addition to Newhouse and are now faced with making the important decision about where to go for graduate study. Please take a moment to consider the factors that set the Newhouse School apart:
- Our one-year programs: You can earn an advanced degree and elevate your career prospects in as little as one year. You’ll gain valuable skills and experience in that jam-packed, intense year, and spend less time away from the job market.
- Our career services: Dedicated solely to the communications industry, our Career Development Center provides resources, training and incredible networking opportunities, all with the goal of preparing you for career success.
- Our alumni: And speaking of networking—Newhouse alumni are among the most successful and well-connected communications professionals in the world. They maintain strong ties with the school and are always willing to help students with career guidance and internship and job opportunities. Learn more about the Newhouse Network.
- Our location: Yes, you read that right. Our location. We know some of our students are hesitant to move to Syracuse. Maybe it’s the fact that Syracuse isn’t a large city, or—let’s be honest—maybe it’s the snow. And yet time and again, those students who came in with doubts finish the program saying the move to Syracuse was the best decision they could have made. Don’t believe us? Read what some of our alumni have to say.
Combine these factors with our incredible facilities, our talented faculty and our storied history, and you’ll see why Newhouse is the right place for you.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting the offer
Intent to register form and deposit
1) Submit the Intent to Register form
Accept your offer of admission by submitting the electronic Intent to Register (e-ITR) form no later than April 15 or the date listed in your offer of admission.
The e-ITR form will be sent to you from our Graduate Enrollment Management Center’s automated account (email@example.com). Complete the requested information and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Students: Processing your admission takes longer due to the required SEVIS information the office needs to complete. Your e-ITR will not be sent until you have provided the required financial documentation. If you have any questions about the amount of proof needed, please email us.
2) Pay your deposit
To secure your place in the upcoming class, submit a non-refundable deposit of $500. Payments may be made with a check or money order made out to Syracuse University or by credit card/debit card via MySlice. You must first activate your Syracuse University NetID before accessing MySlice. (Please note there is a service charge of $13.50 for card payments.) This deposit is non-refundable. It will be applied to your first tuition bill once you enroll.
Both the form and deposit are required to save your spot and matriculate. Please note that it will take 2-3 business days to confirm receipt of your payment and form.
Our Center for International Services will also prepare your I-20 form and the Graduate Enrollment Management Processing Center will email it along with your admit letter. These documents may still take several weeks to process. We greatly appreciate your patience.
Newhouse reviews requests for deferment on a case-by-case basis. If you would like to request a deferment, please submit a brief statement indicating your specific reasons for deferment to email@example.com. Include “Request for Deferment” in your subject line. If approved, you will only be allowed to defer your admission once, and for one year. Any merit aid award offered to you for this year will be forfeited and you will be reconsidered for merit aid next year. We will send you a letter explaining the terms of deferment and any deadlines you need to be aware of for next year. Advance deposits paid for 2023 will automatically be applied to 2024 should you defer. All deferment requests must be made prior to May 15.
Declining an offer
In person and virtual events
We will be holding events both on-campus and virtually. Events are currently being planned and we will update this page as details become available.
Events for admitted students
Event invitations are sent via email after you are admitted. Please use the registration link provided in the email. If you should have received an invitation but did not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Master’s Preview
March 23, 2023
If you cannot visit campus in person, join our associate dean, current students and graduate program directors virtually for more in-depth information about our programs and what you can expect as a student at Newhouse.
April 7, 2023
Visiting us on campus is the best way to see everything Newhouse has to offer. We will have a student panel, tours of our facilities and meetings with program directors.