Photography, Video and Design Minor
Applying to the photography, video and design minor
- be a matriculated Syracuse University student in any college or school other than the Newhouse School
- have a minimum of five semesters remaining on main campus at Syracuse University to complete the minor requirements. (Due to course sequencing and enrollment limitations)
- submit the application by the specified deadline
Nov. 1 for spring admission or April 1 for fall admission
Criteria for acceptance
- have completed 30 graded (A-F) credit hours at Syracuse University.* First opportunity to apply is during the 2nd full semester at Syracuse University
- meet the minimum cumulative GP of 3.0 or higher
*SU Project Advance credits will count toward this total; AP or other transfer credit will not.
Admitted students will be notified by email in early July for fall admission and the second week of January for spring admission, also via email.
Formally declaring the minor
- Students must declare the minor no later than the first semester of their junior year.
- After acceptance, students will meet with the minor coordinator, Brad Stalter and fill out a declaration form, indicating specific courses to complete the minor.
- Final approval of the minor plan is needed from the student’s home college.
- The home college will process the minor declaration form so the requirements appear on the student’s academic record.