Date: Saturday, May 14, 2016
Place: Carrier Dome
Presiding: Dean Lorraine E. Branham
Speaker: Stacey Mindich '86, Tony Award-winning Broadway producer
Class Marshals: Helena Battipaglia and Eliza Weinreb
All graduating students, their families and friends are invited and encouraged to attend. No tickets are required. Due to security precautions, no bags or purses larger than 10 inches by 10 inches will be allowed inside the Carrier Dome.
Information for graduating students
- Arrive at the Carrier Dome at 11:30 a.m. (no earlier) and enter through gate D. This gate is for students only.
- Dome ushers will direct you to the aisle(s) you should use to report to the Dome floor and find a seat (there is no assigned seating).
- You will find a card on your chair; fill it out and take it with you to the stage when your row is dismissed; hand it to the announcer to have your name announced (provide pronunciation tips if needed).
- Caps and gowns are required for participation in the ceremony.
- A professional photographer, Genesee Photo Systems, will take a photo of each graduate as he/she shakes hands with the dean; you will receive proofs and may order reprints if desired. The dean will also be available to pose for photos with graduates at the reception following the ceremony.
- There is no rehearsal for the ceremony.
Information for parents and other guests
- Arrive at the Carrier Dome at 11:30 a.m. (no earlier) and enter through gates A, B, E, F, G, N or P.
- Seating is available on two levels; seating for mobility impaired guests is available in each section.
- Parking, transportation and mobility information is available at commencement.syr.edu.
- Genesee Photo Systems will take a photo of each graduate as he/she shakes hands with the dean; each graduate will receive proofs and may order reprints if desired. The dean will also be available to pose for photos with graduates at the reception following the ceremony.
The Syracuse University Commencement Ceremony will be held Sunday, May 15, 2016, at 9:30 a.m. in the Carrier Dome.
More information about Convocation and Commencement is available at commencement.syr.edu.