In your senior year, you are required to meet with your academic adviser in the Undergraduate Advising and Records Office (316 Newhouse 3) to review your Degree Audit Check. Degree audit checks list what requirements and credits you have left to complete. Academic advisers hold appointments daily to meet with students.
SENIOR TO DO LIST:
- Sign up to meet with your Academic Adviser to ensure you understand your remaining requirements and register accordingly.
- Know your major and minor requirements and register accordingly.
- If going abroad or to Los Angeles or NYC, discuss courses to take with both your faculty and academic advisers. For the LA and NYC semester, find out how many internship credits you can earn while you’re there.
- If have not done so already, go to MySlice and FILE A DIPLOMA REQUEST under “MY ACADEMICS” to notify the University when you intend to graduate NO LATER than the beginning of your last semester (January for May graduation, for example). If you don’t file, your name will not appear in the convocation program in May.
- Attend the Newhouse Career Development Center’s “Job Hunt Marathon” to help you organize a proactive job hunt. Attending will give you access to the center's alumni database in addition to vital job hunting instruction.