Congratulations on your acceptance to the master’s program at the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University!
We're delighted to welcome you and offer more information about our program, our school and our local area. Our Resources section contains details and links about Housing, Jobs and Careers, Getting Involved and Community Information.
We’ve also created a private Facebook Group called Newhouse Master’s Students 2014-15 for you to correspond with other admitted applicants as well as connect with our current students and staff. Click on the link and request to join.
Why choose Newhouse? We know that many of you were probably admitted to other programs as well, and now you're faced with the very difficult and very important choice of where to go for graduate study. We recommend visiting the About section of our website, where we highlight our history, our industry partnerships, our facilities, and our faculty, all of which we consider to be some of our greatest strengths.
Also, we think the following factors really set us apart:
- Our breadth of programs: You won’t find more public communications programs under one roof anywhere in the country. This allows you a wider variety of elective courses and a chance to collaborate with more students and more faculty on more projects.
- Our one-year programs: While some institutions are now moving to this format, we’ve been doing it for 17 years, across all our programs, to great success. You limit the time spent away from the job market and you still gain all the skills you need, in one jam-packed intense year of study. It also means you only need to weather one winter in Syracuse!
- Career Development Center (CDC): We have our own dedicated CDC to assist our students with resumes, internships, job leads and connecting with our alumni network.
- Newhouse Network: A vast and loyal group of alumni are at your disposal. More than 3,500 have agreed to be contacted by current students and other alums to share their expertise. And our alums really want to help out other alums. You’ll find them everywhere!
- Location: Syracuse offers all the benefits of a medium-sized city while being manageable enough to explore and enjoy everything our region has to offer. You actually have access to its residents, its organizations and many internship possibilities. And you’re well positioned to easily travel to New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Niagara Falls, Toronto, Cooperstown and the Adirondack Region. And you can’t beat the low cost of living!
And while there is no doubting that pursuing graduate education is expensive, we think that we offer as much or more for your cost than most of our competitors. Please consider this Cost Comparison chart, based on publicly available information. A more specific breakdown of Newhouse costs can be found under Tuition and Financial Aid.
We hope the information here will help you better understand what you can expect if you choose Newhouse. As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.