Our executive education program here at Newhouse allows experienced public relations professionals to earn a master's degree in communications management in a way that accommodates both their busy schedules and their distance from the SU campus.
Applying for admission
The basic admission criteria for the communications management program are the same, and in most instances, even more exacting than those for applicants seeking admission to the traditional master's degree programs. In addition to holding a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, you will need:
- a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience in public relations or a related field
- GRE or GMAT scores (these may be waived in certain cases)
- three letters of recommendation, including one from your current employer, a client or business partner
- a personal essay that explains why you are seeking further education and how you plan to be successful as an independent learner
- a portfolio of samples demonstrating professional communications experience, especially strategic planning
- a personal interview (encouraged but not required)
Courses are taught in English. International applicants must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.