There is good news for students pursuing broadcast and digital journalism careers. A recent industry survey shows that local U.S. broadcast TV stations have added almost an hour's worth of news to daily schedules in the past three years. TV newsrooms across the country have also added more jobs.
Whether you're interested in pursuing on-air reporting, newscast producing, newsroom management or web-based journalism jobs, Newhouse's broadcast and digital master's program will prepare you—in just one year—with the skills to take you straight into today's multimedia news industry.
Our alumni work or have worked in:
- Network news operations such as NBC and CNN
- Local newsrooms across the country, from NYC to LA and everywhere in between
- International news media such as the BBC, Canadian TV, Agence France-Presse and Shanghai Media Group
- Sports media such as ESPN, Comcast and NFL Films
They work as:
- Anchors—news and sports
- On-air reporters—news and sports
- Producers—news, sports and Web
- Multimedia journalists
- Writers—news, sports and Web
- Meteorologists (after completing additional training)