Industry partnerships allow the Newhouse School to remain on the front end of the rapid changes in today’s communications industry. Working together with leading communications companies—many of them headed by Newhouse alumni—also gives students and faculty access to professional education and networking opportunities. Some of these partnerships include:
- The W2O Group Center for Social Commerce, a partnership with the public relations department, which will allow students and faculty to gain expertise in the area of social commerce—the intersection of commerce, content and social connections
- The Eric Mower Advertising Forum, a speaker series featuring leaders in the advertising industry
- The Edelman-Newhouse Diversity Internship Program, which places public relations students in summer internships at Edelman offices across the country
- The 360i and Newhouse Digital Advertising Alliance, which supports the creation of a digital advertising program at Newhouse
- The Record Diversity in Journalism program, a partnership with The Bergen Record in New Jersey that gives high school students exposure to communications careers
- The Advanced Social Media Strategy Certificate program is a unique partnership between two industry leaders, the Newhouse School and HootSuite, focused on delivering advanced education and certification on social media for business.